Friday, August 31, 2012

Days 22, 23, and 24

I swam again this week and again didn't have the time to post so I'm going to combine 3 days.

Day 22: Tuesday night I planned to meet my friend at the ocean pool.  I got there early and was again able to get in a few yards all by myself, which felt great.  There weren't too many fish in the water that night, so I was able to stay in my rhythm.  However my friend and I planned to meet again in the morning so I didn't want to work too hard.  My friend didn't end up showing up and I swam a total of 1,200 yards before calling it  a night.

Day 23:  Day 23 was kind of a bust.  I showed up at the ocean pool early in the morning and started swimming.  There were a lot of fish in the water that day.  I was sharing a lane with someone when the lifeguard asked me to make room for a third.  Unfortunately the third wanted to utilize more then his allotted space and after just a  few minutes I had nearly collided with him twice.  For my own safety I decided it was time to get out.  I only got to swim 750 yards on Day 23.  Thankfully my friend didn't show up so I didn't feel as bad leaving early.

Day 24:  Day 24 made up for Day 23 in spades.  I was having a bad day and decided I really needed to release some energy.  I arrived at the ocean pool a little early Thursday night.  There were a few fish there, but I still felt like I was getting into a good rhythm and moving pretty quickly.  I swam the entire time they were open, only stopping for a breather 3 or 4 times.  By the time I got out I had swam 2,700 yards!  That's a little over 1 and a half miles!  That's the most I've swam in a single day yet!

On Day 22 I swam 1,200 yards + 750 yards swam on Day 23 + 2,700 yards swam on Day 24 = 4,650 yards swam between Days 22 and 24!

At the end of Day 21 I had 2,785,200 yards left to swim - 4,650 yards swam on Days 22, 23, and 24 = 2,780,550 yards left to swim.



I'm excited for next week.  I ordered a new swimsuit this week and it arrived today.  I can't wait to try it out in the ocean pool.  I'm on the look out for a new, less expensive, and more organized place to swim.  I have some ideas I'm going to look in to this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment