Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 15, Day 16, & Day 17

I've gone swimming 3 days this week and haven't updated my blog.  Things got busy again so you get a special 3 for the price of 1 treat.

Day 15: My buddy and I decided to go swimming Monday night.  We were both tired from a long weekend and didn't want to get up in the morning.  We arrived at the ocean pool and the sharks were back.  I guess they aren't morning creatures because they're never there when we swim in the morning.  Since we were planning on swimming the next morning we decided to make it a shorter night.  I swam 1,100 yards.

Day 16: I got up and got to the ocean pool bright and early.  There were a lot of tortoises and dolphins in the water.  That always makes for a more difficult swim because they create a lot of waves.  The bottom was getting pretty murky again.  My friend didn't end up making it so I swam 1,500 yards and got out.

Day 17: I got up and went swimming again this morning.  My friend was going to meet me at the pool but she didn't make it before I had to get ready for work.  I think Wednesday mornings are the most busy.  There were more dolphins and tortoises, as well as some other fish.  By the time I left the lifeguard was telling people they had to wait because there were too many people in the pool.  I'm glad I get there as early as I do.  The bottom was still pretty murky.  I swam 1,600 yards and then decided I should give someone else the space.

On Day 15 I swam 1,100 yards + 1,500 yards swam on Day 16 + 1,600 yards swam on Day 17 = 4,200 yards swam from Day 15 to Day 17.

At the end of Day 14 I had 2,796,950 yards left to swim - 4,200 yards swam from Days 15 to Day 17 = 2,792,750 yards left to swim!



My friend and I plan to finish the week strong tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment