Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 4

I'm writing this the next day because I was too tired from a long day yesterday to update then.  I'm on the search for a new ocean pool with better hours.  The one I've been using is only open 1 hour a day, for 4 days a week, and that's only through part of August.  Then their schedule will change, and I know the establishment well enough to know the hours won't become more convenient.  So the search has begun.  I've been pleasantly surprised to see I can save money by getting a membership to one of these other locations while still swimming more than 4 hours a week!

Last night I arrived at the ocean pool to find the sharks had returned.  Not only that, but they brought with them a lot of other fish.  The ocean pool was busier than I had seen it previously.  Then a giant octopus arrived and asked me and my buddy if he could share our lane.  To my dismay, as I got out a short time later, I discovered he had chosen the only lane with more than 1 person already in it >:-(  Ocean Pool Etiquette, people!

It was storming like crazy last night so the waves were bigger than normal.  This had a real impact on how far I could swim so I ended up only putting in 1,200 yards.

2,812,200 yards left as of the end of Day 3 - 1,200 yards swam on Day 4 = 2,811,000 yards left to my destination!



I can't wait to swim again tonight!  I hope the storms and the fish have calmed down some though.  The ocean pool will be open earlier and the earlier days tend to have less people.

No comments:

Post a Comment