Friday, June 26, 2015

Days 33, 34, and 35

I have been swimming a number of times since my last post, but have been too tired to stop in the middle of the ocean to update this journal.  I made some time this week to record my distance, so here I am.

On Monday, Day 33, I met my swimming companion at the pool ocean ready and raring to go.  We were both so excited to be getting back into the water.  It was remarkably quiet.  Very few fish were to be found.  We met and became friendly with an octopus.  I swam 1,650 yards before I was too tired to go on.

On Tuesday, Day 34, we met again to put in some more yards.  This time there were more fish and more octopuses, but we wiggled in and found some room.  The octopus from Monday was there again.  He offered us encouragement to come back for more.  I swam 1,900 yards before I felt like my arms might fall off.

Wednesday, Day 35, we met again.  The octopus from the previous two nights was there again, and again offered us encouragement.  There were a lot more fish in the water this night.  My friend and I decided we'd make it a short and easy night, since we were just getting back into the swing of things.  2,100 yards later I wasn't even sure what had hit me.

Wow, what a week!  I was going to go again yesterday but my car wouldn't start.  Same problem again tonight.  No worries, I'm getting it fixed next week.

On Day 33 I swam 1,650 yards + 1,900 yards on Day 34 + 2,100 yards on Day 35 = 5,650 yards swam this week!

At the end of Day 32 I had 2,771,500 yards left to swim - 5,650 yards swam on Days 33-35 = 2,765,850 yards left to swim!



After such an incredible week my friend and I are hoping to meet up again on Wednesday of next week.  If I can find the energy I might get up for a few morning swims in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment